Our privacy team assist clients with implementing a privacy by design approach within their businesses so that privacy and data protection are embedded as part of the business’ compliance program.
At Addisons our privacy and data protection team take a practical, solution focussed approach to privacy and data protection. Our team is experienced in advising on all aspects of Australia’s privacy laws including advising on compliance, access requests and data breach issues.
The team regularly prepares the full range of privacy related documents including privacy policies, collection notices and data breach response plans.
Examples of our work include:
- Multi-national insurance company – Advising a multinational insurance company on a data breach including undertaking an analysis of the breach to determine whether it was notifiable under the notifiable data breach scheme.
- Health care provider group – Advising a group of health care companies on privacy issues including preparation of privacy policies and consents
- Recruitment Company – Assisting an Australian recruitment company with a range of privacy related matters including providing advice on whether it is required to comply with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation.
- Overseas Entity – Advising an Italian company with a wellness App used by Australian residents on issues regarding compliance with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles, in particular, in relation to direct marketing and cross-border disclosure of personal information.
- Australian Health Fund – Advising an Australian Health Fund in relation to privacy issues regarding a privacy incident suffered by a third-party provider.
- Advice on data collection, use and disclosure
- Advising on a range of issues relating to data use including data analytics and data monetisation
- Advising on data transactions and data transfers overseas
- Designing governance and compliance systems, including data governance
- Drafting privacy and data breach contractual provisions
- Privacy compliance advice including compliance training
- Privacy impact assessments
- Privacy policies and consent documents
- Responding to data breaches and other cyber incidents