In Australia’s increasingly regulated commercial environment, if a dispute of any type emerges it is essential to have the right advice at the right time. The experience of the Addisons' team in running complex litigation, arbitrations and mediations means that our clients receive the advice that will move them to resolution quickly and effectively.
The objective that drives Addisons’ litigation practice is to keep clients out of court wherever possible and to seek an alternative to litigation. Addisons sees court litigation as being the last resort and always endeavours to find a settlement which will deliver a positive outcome for the client. This approach is one that has delivered the best result for clients in a broad range of disputes over many years.
Our focus on collaboration allows multiple teams to pull together across relevant practice areas to prepare an effective litigation strategy in one location.
Throughout the conduct of any litigation or dispute resolution, we constantly offer clients:
- Technical expertise in the subject matter of their litigation as well as in the litigation process itself
- Realistic ongoing assessment of prospects
- Ongoing case management to ensure cost-effective outcomes
- Pro-active settlement and dispute resolution options
- Commitment to delivering results which are legally sound and commercially appropriate
Our lawyers also include qualified mediators who are trained in alternative dispute resolution processes.
- Administrative law disputes
- Class actions
- Commercial property disputes, including retail leasing
- Competition and trade practices
- Consumer protection
- Contract disputes
- Defamation and contempt
- Directors and officers liability
- Employment and restraint of trade disputes
- Insolvency and debt recovery
- Intellectual property disputes
- Product liability disputes
- Professional negligence disputes
- Shareholder and business disputes
- Statutory inquiries
- Trade practices