Addisons currently has an excellent opportunity for an experienced and passionate Solicitor to join our leading Gambling Law Team.
The team advises businesses within the gambling sector on all aspects of applicable law and regulation including areas of Corporate, Commercial and Intellectual Property law as well as other related areas. This also includes advice on business strategies for international projects, both inbound to Australia as well as outbound to international markets.
This is a fantastic hands-on role with ongoing mentoring and guidance provided by a Partner widely recognised as the leading expert in Australia in gambling regulation and related areas. You will work on high-profile and varied matters, across a range of clients in the gambling sector with our dynamic and supportive Gambling Law team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting advices and negotiating commercial agreements
- Licensing enquiries and applications
- Statutory interpretation, particularly in relation to new technologies and concepts
- Marketing reviews and presentations
- Guidance on policy developments
To be considered for the role, you will have a depth of experience and skill that includes:
- 2-5 years’ legal experience (Any gaming experience will be viewed positively)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A commercial approach and an ability to negotiate effectively
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills
- Experience in meeting deadlines and handling highly confidential information
- Ability to recognise legal issues from local and international press and other media
The ideal candidate will have a friendly nature and possess the following qualities:
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in global and cross border legal issues
- A common sense approach to problem solving and delivering practical solutions
- Ability and commitment to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Highly organised with the ability to plan ahead and anticipate needs
- Calm disposition and positive outlook irrespective of work pressures
- Proactive person who takes pride in their work
- Technical expertise, particularly in social media.
Addisons is a long established Sydney based law firm. We only employ people of the highest calibre to complement our existing team. Our client base is both impressive and diverse for our firm size of around 100 people. Excellence, collaboration, respect and trust are the hallmarks of how we operate and we enjoy a friendly culture where everyone is approachable.
Our legal advice covers corporate (including mergers & acquisitions), property, planning and environment, construction, intellectual property, media, marketing and advertising, competition/antitrust, litigation and dispute resolution and gambling.
If you would like further information, please contact Sheridan Lees, General Manager, on (02) 8915 1060 for a confidential discussion.
Please include a cover letter, CV and academic transcript with your application.