Through the COVID pandemic we continue to see significant levels of distressed debt, distressed corporate restructure and pre-insolvency workouts, as well as formal appointments. This demands a legal adviser who can manage each critical stage of a matter with an innovative approach while recognising the risk appetite of the client.
The Addisons insolvency team is experienced and are trusted advisors in complex restructuring and insolvency matters. We advise on the practical and legal issues which arise when a company or individual is in financial distress. We regularly advise insolvency practitioners, banks and financial institutions, secured and unsecured creditors, directors & officers, financially distressed companies, and borrowers.
The team has acted and advised on a number of Australia’s largest corporate insolvencies and restructures including Virgin Australia, ABC Learning, United Medical Protection and Nine Network. The team also regularly acts in relation to formal and informal appointments and workouts in the SME space.
We provide strategic advice and litigation services including:
- Voluntary administration, receivership and liquidation
- Legal obligations of directors and insolvency practitioners
- Insolvency related Court applications and litigation
- Deeds of Company Arrangement (DOCAs) and creditor trusts
- Security reviews and enforcement strategy
- Commercial and legal issues involving property of the company and reports to creditors
- Creditors meetings
- Public examinations
- Safe Harbour appointments
- Debt and equity restructure arrangements
- Bankruptcy, including setting aside Bankruptcy Notices, prosecuting or defending Creditor’s Petitions, and Trustee recovery actions and Court applications
- ASIC investigations
- Assisting boards and directors with decision making to get them into insolvency safe harbours, and contest administrator appointments