On 2 December 2020, the Addisons Gambling Team was delighted to host our “Gambling Law Year in Review and What to Expect in 2021” webinar.
Online Wagering Regulation
In this panel, we discuss the National Consumer Protection Framework and the Australian Sports Wagering Scheme, with a focus on the impact that both of these initiatives could have on wagering regulation, and the wagering industry more broadly, in 2021.
- Dion Jackomas, Manager, Policy & Legislation, Liquor and Gaming NSW
- Dr. Sally Gainsbury, Director, Gambling Treatment Clinic & Research Group, The University of Sydney
- Jason Whybrow, Director, Sports Wagering and Match-Fixing, Sport Integrity Australia
- Moderated by Joseph Abi-Hanna, Solicitor, Addisons
Online Gambling Regulation in Australia and Overseas
In this panel, we discuss the current regulatory regime relating to online gambling in Australia and overseas (with a focus on the United States and Europe), as well as the regulatory developments that have occurred in 2020 (noting the impact of COVID-19) and are likely to occur in 2021.
- Jeanette Knowler, Manager, Interactive Gambling Team, ACMA
- Andrew Hensher, Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, PointsBet
- Samuel Gauci, Solicitor admitted in Malta, Addisons
- Moderated by Shanna Protic Dib, Solicitor, Addisons
NSW Casino Inquiry and What it Means for Regulation of the Gambling Sector
In this panel, we discuss the background to the NSW Casino Inquiry, some of the issues that have arisen and what it might mean for the future regulation of casinos and gaming in New South Wales and Australia.
- Elizabeth Knight, Journalist, Sydney Morning Herald
- Don Carducci, Head of Australian Gaming & Leisure Sector, J.P. Morgan
- Robert Kerr, Partner, Addisons
- Moderated by Jamie Nettleton, Partner, Addisons
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
© ADDISONS. No part of this document may in any form or by any means be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted without prior written consent.
This document is for general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice.