Graduates are the lifeblood of our firm and we’re proud of our annual Addisons Graduate Program. Our Graduate Program will provide you with the hands-on experience, support and learning opportunities to embark on a rewarding and successful legal career in a professional environment.
What to expect
The nine-month program consists of three rotations, providing you with the opportunity to gain experience across different practice areas. As an Addisons Graduate you will work closely with our partners and lawyers, exposing you to a wide range of client matters and internal teams.
We are committed to bringing out the best in people by offering the tools to succeed through client exposure, high quality training and development and encouraging open communication between all levels.
At the conclusion of the Program, a permanent position may be offered based on satisfactory performance.
At Addisons, we look for:
- A team player who is eager to learn from and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The mindset to treat each day as a learning opportunity.
To be eligible for our Graduate Program, when submitting your application, you should:
- be a citizen of, or hold permanent residency in Australia or New Zealand; and
- be in your final year of university studies (bachelor degree or higher) or have graduated in the last three years.
Life at Addisons
What sets Addisons apart is working in small teams, with all lawyers having a high level of interaction with Partners and clients daily. In this environment, younger lawyers develop quickly. Addisons attracts the very best people with outstanding levels of talent, character and work ethic. We value each other and the unique culture we have created, with an inclusive, diverse and positive work environment which includes social activities, morning teas, drinks, and casual dress every Friday.
Read more about a day in the life of an Addisons Graduate.
Addisons is invested in client success and for over 145 years we have been a legal advisor to international leading brands and businesses.
We invest in developing key skills of our people and provide top-tier experience and skills to support our clients. Our core values of excellence, collaboration, respect and trust foster long-term partnerships with our clients to drive positive business outcomes with solutions underpinned by commercially-sound legal advice.
Hear from those who have completed the Graduate Program at Addisons…
How to apply
Applications for the 2024 program are now closed.
Applications for the 2025 program will open on 1 July 2024. You will be required to upload all of the following:
- A Covering Letter which includes answers to the Application Questionnaire (max 2 pages);
- Your Resume; and
- Your Academic Record/University Transcript. If you are in your final year please upload your latest unofficial transcript.
All requested documents must be uploaded to the online application form and submitted before the closing date and time. Any documents not supplied may result in your application being withdrawn from the recruitment process.
Please include answers to these questions (max 2 pages), within your covering letter.
- When are you scheduled to complete your university studies?
- When are you looking to commence your Practical Legal Training (PLT) program? Alternatively, confirm your PLT completion date.
- What are you hoping to gain from the Addisons Graduate Program?