Addisons has an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor to join our highly successful Corporate team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across large-scale corporate and commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital raising and general corporate advisory work. Clients include large private groups, smaller listed companies and overseas groups with Australian operations.
This is a fantastic hands-on role for a committed individual looking to grow and expand their legal knowledge. You will join a busy practice and have the opportunity to work on a range of corporate transitions and learn from well-regarded partners to deliver high quality work for our clients.
Most recently, Addisons was recognised as a top 20 law firm in Mergermarket’s Asia Pacific Advisory – Australasia H1 2022 legal advisor league table by deal count.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising on cross-border transactions and corporate governance and compliance matters
- Drafting and negotiating transaction and commercial contracts
- Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules matters
- Legislation and case law research
- Supporting and working collegiately with senior lawyers in the team to deliver outcomes.
- General commercial work.
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in corporate and commercial law, specialising in M&A transactions
- A strong academic background
- Qualified to practice as a solicitor in NSW or other Australian jurisdiction – holding (or entitled to hold) current practicing certificate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong technical and drafting skills across a range of corporate transactions
- The ability to build and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to prioritise competing deadlines
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Addisons is a well-established Australian law firm based in Sydney. We deliver commercially sound legal solutions of the highest standard to clients globally.
Addisons is driven to provide bespoke legal solutions for our Australian and international clients, as well as support our community through pro bono work.
Our core values of Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Trust foster long-term partnerships with our clients and our people.
Working at Addisons
Addisons is committed to bringing out the best in our people. We invest in you to succeed through client exposure, high quality training and development and encourage open communication.
Addisons attracts the very best people with outstanding levels of talent, character and work ethic. We value each other and the unique culture we have created, with an inclusive, diverse and positive work environment which includes social activities, morning teas, drinks, and casual dress every Friday.
Employer of Choice
We support our lawyers and staff through employee-centred programs. Addisons is recognised as a “5-Star Employer of Choice 2023” by Australasian Lawyer, placing the firm amongst the top law firms to work for in Australia.