Addisons currently has an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and experienced lawyer to join our leading Gambling Team.
This is an exciting hands-on role working closely with an internationally recognised Partner who is passionate and knowledgeable about the sector and ranked band 1 in Global Chambers Guide. The team advises local and international companies on all aspects of gambling law and regulatory and policy topics, licensing and compliance issues, and general commercial matters relating to the conduct of their business within the gambling and gaming industries.
You will undertake varied and interesting high-profile work, with clients ranging from start-ups to multinationals and from gambling operators, suppliers to investors and other stakeholders.
If you are a special counsel, senior associate or a senior lawyer and wanting to work with a pre-eminent figure in the gaming and gambling sphere, we would love to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising across a broad range of areas of law, including legal issues relating to gambling, consumer protection, advertising and marketing campaigns (including sponsorships), privacy, intellectual property, e-commerce and technology
- Drafting advices and negotiating commercial agreements
- Extensive client contact
- Statutory interpretation, particularly in relation to new technologies and concepts
- Marketing reviews and presentations
- Guidance on policy developments
- Licensing enquiries and applications.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Minimum of 4+ years post-qualification experience gained within a top-tier firm, mid-tier firm or by a combination of private practice and in-house
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A solution-focused and commercial mindset
- Demonstrated ability to manage end-to-end matters
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills
- Ability to recognise legal issues from local and international press and other media
- An interest in global and cross border legal issues
- Ability and commitment to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Highly organised with the ability to plan ahead and anticipate needs
- Calm disposition and positive outlook irrespective of work pressures.
Addisons is a well-established Australian law firm based in Sydney. We deliver commercially sound legal solutions of the highest standard to clients globally.
With expertise in 20 areas of legal practice, Addisons is driven to provide bespoke legal solutions for our Australian and international clients, as well as support our community through pro bono work.
Our core values of Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Trust foster long-term partnerships with our clients and our people.
Addisons is committed to bringing out the best in our people. We invest in you to succeed through client exposure, high quality training and development and encourage open communication.
Working at Addisons
Addisons attracts the very best people with outstanding levels of talent, character and work ethic. We value each other and the unique culture we have created, with an inclusive, diverse and positive work environment which includes social activities, morning teas, drinks, and casual dress every Friday.