Addisons has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate to join our highly successful corporate team. This is a key mid-market M&A and corporate role involving public and private M&A and capital raisings, corporate restructures, debt and equity funding, strategic commercial negotiations, and corporate and governance advisory work.
The Addisons corporate team has high-quality Australian and international clients across various sectors. Our team is known for its top-tier performance, and we think this role would be particularly appealing to a senior lawyer looking to move from a larger firm to work more closely with long-term high quality clients . The role will involve close day-to-day client contact, as well as mentoring from experienced and dedicated partners.
Addisons was recently recognised as a top 20 law firm in Mergermarket’s Asia Pacific Advisory – Australasia H1 2022 legal advisor league table by deal count.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting and negotiating transaction and other commercial documents
- End-to-end management of M&A processes, including due diligence
- Advising on Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules and Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act issues
- Supporting and working with partners and junior lawyers in the team and across the firm in meeting clients’ objectives and deadlines
- Supervision and training of junior lawyers
- Undertaking business development activities both internally and externally
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:
- A minimum of approximately 5 years’ post qualification experience with a leading law firm or in a transactional in-house environment
- Admission to practice as an Australian lawyer and a current practising certificate
- A strong academic record
- Great client and commercial stakeholder and relationship management abilities
- Demonstrated excellent organisational and prioritising skills to meet the demands of internal and external clients, as well as competing priorities
- Solid drafting and writing skills
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills
- Experience mentoring and developing staff
- An ability to hit the ground running and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Addisons is a well-established Australian law firm based in Sydney. We deliver commercially sound legal solutions of the highest standard to clients globally.
With expertise in 20 areas of legal practice, Addisons is driven to provide bespoke legal solutions for our Australian and international clients, as well as support our community through pro bono work.
Our core values of Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Trust foster long-term partnerships with our clients and our people.
Working at Addisons
Addisons is committed to bringing out the best in our people. We invest in you to succeed through client exposure, high quality training and development and encourage open communication.
Addisons attracts the very best people with outstanding levels of talent, character and work ethic. We value each other and the unique culture we have created, with an inclusive, diverse and positive work environment which includes social activities, morning teas, drinks, and casual dress every Friday.