Addisons currently has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Associate to join our Corporate team on a full time, permanent basis.
This is a fantastic hands-on role with ongoing mentoring and guidance provided by a highly experienced and well-regarded partner and senior lawyers, where you will also have the opportunity to work with interesting, high-profile clients both locally and internationally. This team offers excellent training and career development.
This role requires expertise in advising clients with strategic corporate advice in relation to mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, corporate restructures and making investments in Australia. Additional experience advising in debt financing and financial services will be regarded favourably.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting and negotiating transaction and other key commercial documents
- Advising on key corporate M & A matters with an opportunity to also work on debt financing
- Supporting and working with partners and senior lawyers in the team to meet client objectives and deadlines, including managing major transactions from inception to completion
- Legislation and relevant case law/transaction research
To be considered for the role, you will have a depth of experience and skill that includes:
- A minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience
- A strong academic transcript
- Experience in a corporate and commercial environment with solid understanding of this area of law
- A commercial approach, an ability to negotiate effectively and good organisational skills
- Solid drafting and writing skills
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills
- Experience meeting deadlines, managing transactions and handling highly confidential information
- Experience mentoring and developing staff
The ideal candidate will have a friendly nature and possess the following qualities:
- A common sense approach to problem solving and delivering practical solutions
- Strong client facing ability and a passion for working on significant corporate transactions
- Highly organised with the ability to plan ahead and anticipate needs
- Calm disposition and positive outlook irrespective of work pressures
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The motivation to further grow and develop their legal skills, including a willingness to expand their skills in a practice advising on M&A, financing and financial services matters
Addisons is a long established Sydney based law firm. We only employ people of the highest calibre to complement our existing team. Our client base is both impressive and diverse for our firm size of around 100 people. Excellence, collaboration, respect and trust are the hallmarks of how we operate and we enjoy a friendly culture where everyone is approachable.
Our legal advice covers corporate (including mergers & acquisitions), property, planning and environment, construction, intellectual property, media, marketing and advertising, competition/antitrust, litigation and dispute resolution and gambling.
If you would like further information, please contact Sheridan Lees, General Manager, on (02) 8915 1060 for a confidential discussion.
Please include a cover letter, CV and academic transcript with your application.