Addisons currently has an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and experienced lawyer to join our growing Corporate team.
This is an exciting hands-on role working closely with an accomplished Corporate Partner specialising in private equity and M&A transactions. This role requires expertise in advising clients with strategic corporate advice in relation to mergers and acquisitions transactions, public and private capital raisings, corporate restructures and making investments into Australia.
Most recently, Addisons was recognised as a top 20 law firm in Mergermarket’s Asia Pacific Advisory – Australasia H1 2022 legal advisor league table by deal count.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising on every stage of the private equity transaction cycle ranging from fund formation and sponsor team equity and carry arrangements to acquisitions, portfolio bolt-ons and portfolio company exits
- Advising on all aspects of general corporate M&A
- Drafting and negotiating transaction and commercial documents
- Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules matters
- Foreign investment advice
- Preparing and reviewing general commercial documents
- Legislation and case law research
- Acting as a key point of contact for internal and external clients
- Conducting legal due diligence on structured investment, private equity and other arrangements.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- A minimum of approximately 5 years’ post qualification experience gained within a top-tier firm, mid-tier firm or by a combination of private practice and in-house
- Admission to practice as an Australian lawyer
- Strong drafting and advice writing skills
- A commercial approach and an ability to negotiate effectively
- Strong client facing ability and a passion for working on major corporate transactions
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills
- Ability and commitment to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Highly organised with the ability to plan ahead and anticipate needs
- The ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
Addisons is an Australian law firm based in Sydney. We deliver commercially sound legal solutions of the highest standard to clients globally.
Addisons is driven to provide bespoke legal solutions for our Australian and international clients, as well as support our community through pro bono work.
Our core values of Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Trust foster long-term partnerships with our clients and our people.
Working at Addisons
Addisons is committed to bringing out the best in our people. We invest in you to succeed through client exposure, high quality training and development and encourage open communication.
Addisons attracts the very best people with outstanding levels of talent, character and work ethic. We value each other and the unique culture we have created, with an inclusive, diverse and positive work environment which includes social activities, morning teas, drinks, and casual dress every Friday.
Employer of Choice
We support our lawyers and staff through employee-centred programs. Addisons is recognised as a “5-Star Employer of Choice 2023” by Australasian Lawyer, placing the firm amongst the top law firms to work for in Australia.