Addisons currently has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Intellectual Property Lawyer to join the IP practice. The role would suit a lawyer who is enthusiastic about a career in the area of intellectual property with a focus on trade marks.
The team advises clients on all aspects of the IP life cycle from the initial innovation stage, IP protection and commercialisation, enforcement of rights and dealing with the full spectrum of intellectual property advice including trade marks, copyright and patents. Additionally, your role will involve assisting on due diligence, commercial and transactional matters in respect of IP, trade marks and related advice. Clients include highly recognisable Australian and overseas brands.
The role will see you reporting to and working closely with a leading expert in the IP space who is highly regarded and has been recognised in Chambers, Doyle’s Guide, Legal 500 and IP Stars. You will have the ability to work autonomously and will bring a high level of energy, enthusiasm and drive to solving our clients’ legal challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing trade mark search reports, advising on brand strategy, preparing and filing Australian and international trade mark applications
- Drafting and negotiating IP assignment, licensing and commercialisation agreements
- Advising on trade mark, copyright, registered designs and patent matters including undertaking IP due diligence
- Assisting in trade mark opposition proceedings before IP Australia and Federal Court trade mark and/or copyright infringement proceedings
- Domain name advice and disputes including preparation of complaints to be submitted to WIPO
- Advising on Australian Consumer Law issues including misleading and deceptive conduct claims
- Advising on privacy related matters.
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:
- A minimum of 3 to 4 years’ post qualification experience as an IP Lawyer admitted to practice in Australia
- A strong academic transcript
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within an intellectual property practice in a law firm or Trade Mark Attorney firm
- Strong drafting and technical skills
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- The motivation to further grow and develop your legal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Calm disposition and positive outlook irrespective of work pressure.
Addisons is an Australian law firm based in Sydney. We deliver commercially sound legal solutions of the highest standard to clients globally.
Addisons is driven to provide bespoke legal solutions for our Australian and international clients, as well as support our community through pro bono work.
Our core values of Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Trust foster long-term partnerships with our clients and our people.
Working at Addisons
Addisons is committed to bringing out the best in our people. We invest in you to succeed through client exposure, high quality training and development and encourage open communication.
Addisons attracts the very best people with outstanding levels of talent, character and work ethic. We value each other and the unique culture we have created, with an inclusive, diverse and positive work environment which includes social activities, morning teas, drinks, and casual dress every Friday.
Employer of Choice
We support our lawyers and staff through employee-centred programs. Addisons is recognised as a “5-Star Employer of Choice 2023” by Australasian Lawyer, placing the firm amongst the top law firms to work for in Australia.