Addisons is seeking an IT Assistant who will be dedicated to giving a high level of hands on IT assistance to both staff and client related issues.
This role is a permanent full-time basis and is suited to an individual who possesses a mix of technical aptitude and common sense, enjoys problem-solving and has good communication skills.
You will be reporting to the IT Manager and will be responsible for providing IT helpdesk services between the hours of 9.30 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday and related functions. Duties will cover most aspects of the IT systems from the helpdesk, office moves, server work and network configuration.
This is a varied role that also offers the opportunity to gain an understanding of the various aspects of Information Technology and establish an excellent career path. It would suit a technically capable individual with at least one year helpdesk experience who is comfortable interacting with people and who enjoys working in a small IT group.
Some responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day first level support to staff to enable them in their use of technology
- Prioritise incoming support requests and reply to requests promptly
- Provide known solutions or perform research on any outstanding issues with the aim of finding suitable resolutions to problems
- Liaise with the IT Manager to escalate calls and notify of any system-wide issues
- Maintain and create documentation as a resource of knowledge to assist in support requests
- Develop a self-help repository for staff on the Intranet
- Offer help and assistance with current software products which include the Microsoft Office range of software, Windows 10 and 11
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and configuring systems and applications
- Onsite setup and office moves of PC’s and peripheral devices
- Monitor stock level of toners and printer consumables
- Assist in the replacement of consumables
- Troubleshoot and place service calls on printers
- Maintain printer address books for scanning of documents
- Audit copy counts
- Update Active Directory as required
- Create new user accounts and purge old accounts as directed
- Maintain the desktop and laptop SOE
- Co-ordinate the establishment of new starters on systems and ensure IT equipment is ready
- Data entry
- Manage a pool of loan laptops for staff use
- Uphold firm security policies and maintain a high level of security awareness in regards to all firm activities
- Maintain security card access software and liaise with building management in regards to updates
- Issue security card replacements
Client Services and Meeting Rooms
- Assist the Client Services Coordinator with client IT requirements
- Check and maintain IT equipment in the meeting rooms
- Prepare and test IT equipment required for scheduled meetings
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at Certificate level or equivalent knowledge, qualifications and experience, relevant to the position
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in IT-related/ helpdesk role is required
- Good working knowledge using desktop applications e.g. Microsoft Office 365
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Certification mainly OS and MS Office products
- Experience with a programming or scripting language
- Basic networking troubleshooting (TCP/IP, WiFi etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Good problem-solving skills and can work independently
- Excellent time management skills, well-developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills
- An enthusiastic, down to earth and team focused attitude.
Working at Addisons
Addisons is committed to bringing out the best in our people. We invest in you to succeed through client exposure, high quality training and development and encouraging open communication between all levels. We attract the very best people with outstanding levels of talent, character and work ethic.
We provide you the flexibility and support to achieve balance between work and family responsibilities. With a progressive Parental Leave policy, flexible working arrangements and a range of development programs and opportunities for every career stage to develop your legal, business and personal skills.
We value each other and the unique culture we have created, with an inclusive, diverse and positive work environment which includes social activities, weekly drinks, monthly morning teas, Christmas party and casual dress every Friday.
Addisons delivers commercially sound legal solutions of the highest standard that help drive the business success of our Australian and international clients. Passionate and committed to ensuring our clients’ success, we excel in helping drive positive business outcomes with solutions underpinned by our longstanding specialist legal expertise.
Building and nurturing client relationships is in our DNA. Our immersion approach facilitates intimate understanding of the business, culture and operations of our clients so we can support them in strategic and commercial opportunities, in Australia and internationally, and in navigating market and regulatory challenges.
We’re proud to be a diverse group of leading experts who work together to ensure our clients’ needs are seamlessly managed. Our partners actively lead every client engagement proudly supported by our lawyers to ensure the ultimate levels of accountability and service.