Addisons is seeking a Float Legal Secretary on a full-time, permanent basis to provide both administrative and practice management support to legal professionals.
The Float Legal Secretary works as part of a Float team to provide practical support to our lawyers so they can deliver the best possible service to our clients. You will be responsible for proactively providing high-level secretarial support to multiple fee earners as well as providing interim coverage for Personal Assistants during times of absence or during times of high work volumes.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, self-motivated and thrives in a dynamic environment. You will need high levels of adaptability as you will be required to manage the workflow of multiple teams in different practice areas whilst working on a variety of tasks. You will be required to manage your time well, stay organised and prioritise wisely. You should be able to work comfortably with different teams and carry out tasks independently.
Some responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting correspondence, including dictation, document preparation, and amendments.
- Managing diary and schedule meetings and appointments
- Screening, directing phone calls and monitoring emails
- Diary management – arranging travel plans, appointments, reservations, etc
- General administration including filing (electronic and hard copy), scanning, photocopying, archiving, expense reimbursement.
Monthly billing process:
- Following up with the lawyers regarding time entry and the input of timesheets
- Proactively managing the teams billing requirements including drafting, generating, editing and processing bills
- Following up with partners regarding amendments to be made on draft bills and approval of bills
- Production of client invoices and sending out final bill.
- Establishing effective work practices with Partners and Lawyers to assist them in their matter management.
- Opening new clients and matters, as well as closure of a matters
- Acts as backup to other legal secretaries when necessary to assist with overflow work or providing cover during sickness or leave absence
- Deal with sensitive and confidential matters in an appropriate manner
- Relief reception/client services duties as required
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a legal secretary or a similar role
- Float experience is not essential but experience across different practice areas would be advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams).
- Intermediate level proficiency in pdfDocs and FileSite/WorkSite
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Access would be advantageous
- Basic knowledge of PABX systems and reception duties
- Good working knowledge of time and billing modules in Aderant Expert or a similar practice management system
- A strong client service mentality
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality.
Life at Addisons
Our culture is the legacy of our founders. We value each other and the culture we have created. Sharing our successes and celebrating with each other is incredibly important to nurture an inclusive and positive work environment.
Our core values of excellence, collaboration, respect and trust foster long-term partnerships with our clients to drive positive business outcomes with solutions underpinned by commercially-sound legal advice.
We enjoy social activities such as weekly drinks, monthly morning teas and casual dress every Friday.
Addisons is a long-established law firm. We only employ people of the highest calibre to complement our existing team. Our client base is both impressive and diverse for our firm size of around 100 people. Our legal advice covers corporate (including mergers & acquisitions), property, planning and environment, construction, intellectual property, media, marketing and advertising, competition/antitrust, litigation and dispute resolution and gambling.
This is an excellent opportunity for an agile and focused Legal Secretary to join our team where you will do high-quality work in a supportive environment. This role does not work in isolation, you will be fantastic at building relationships, working with key internal stakeholders, communicating effectively and ensuring updates are shared with the internal teams accordingly.
If you would like further information, please contact Georgina Phong, Human Resources Manager, on (02) 8915 1084 for a confidential discussion.
If you’re ready to learn, we’re ready to help you develop a successful career at Addisons. Apply now!