Having worked with the media industry for over 20 years, we have a strong understanding of the legal issues affecting everyone working across the media landscape. We act with creatives, journalists, producers and lawyers along all stages of their publication processes and across all platforms.
What it means to be a publisher has changed dramatically – traditional news cycles no longer exist and anyone with access to an internet connection can now follow and make the news. Traditional audiences and legal boundaries along state lines have also ceased to exist and so publishers need to consider an increasingly complex set of rules which applies to their content.
Our experienced media team understands both the legal and commercial drivers affecting publication so we can provide advice which is meaningful and within deadline.
- Brand development and protection
- Contractual advice and implementation
- Inquiries and investigations – Australian Communications and Media Authority, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Ad Standards
- Post-publication complaints, dispute resolution and litigation
- Pre-publication clearances for books, media reports and long form, podcasts, advertisements and marketing materials
- Reputation protection, crisis management and strategy
Chambers Asia Pacific: Australia — TMT: Media
Doyle's Guide – Leading Technology, Media & Telecommunications Law Firms – NSW