The gambling sector in Australia faces increasing regulatory challenges. The Addisons gambling team advises businesses on all aspects of gambling law and regulation.
This includes advice on business strategies for international gambling projects, both in-bound into Australia as well as out-bound to international markets. Our gambling industry clients in this area include gaming machine manufacturers, wagering operators, casino operators and other gambling service providers, whether online or land based, as well as gambling industry associations and other local and international gambling industry participants.
We also advise a number of leading participants in the games sector. Our clients range from console games suppliers to social games websites, as well as a number of esports tournament organisers.
- Commercial arrangements relating to gambling and gaming operations and other commercial gambling
- Discussions with regulators concerning new licences, changes of control and potential breaches
- Protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights in Australia and overseas
- Regulatory issues and establishment of gambling businesses in many jurisdictions
- Reviewing race field obligations for wagering operators
- Reviewing new concepts and technologies for gambling law implications
- Terms and conditions, website reviews and customer facing contractual arrangements
Jamie Nettleton of Addisons is a very prominent figure in the gaming and gambling scene and is widely considered to be a leading lawyer in the region, with a source describing him as “the guru of gaming law.” He frequently advises casinos and gambling companies on regulatory and licensing issues. One interviewee notes that “he’s one of the most recognised gaming lawyers in Australia.”
President of the International Masters of Gaming Law, Jamie Nettleton of Addisons garners effusive praise from sources, with one peer lauding him as “the number one gaming lawyer in Australia” and others stating that he is “absolutely phenomenal, a great, great man.” His expertise spans the regulatory regime in the gambling sector, as well as commercial transactions. He is based in Sydney.