The gambling sector in Australia faces increasing regulatory challenges. The Addisons gambling team advises businesses on all aspects of gambling law and regulation.
This includes advice on business strategies for international gambling projects, both in-bound into Australia as well as out-bound to international markets. Our gambling industry clients in this area include gaming machine manufacturers, wagering operators, casino operators and other gambling service providers, whether online or land based, as well as gambling industry associations and other local and international gambling industry participants.
We also advise a number of leading participants in the games sector. Our clients range from console games suppliers to social games websites, as well as a number of esports tournament organisers.
- Commercial arrangements relating to gambling and gaming operations and other commercial gambling
- Discussions with regulators concerning new licences, changes of control and potential breaches
- Protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights in Australia and overseas
- Regulatory issues and establishment of gambling businesses in many jurisdictions
- Reviewing race field obligations for wagering operators
- Reviewing new concepts and technologies for gambling law implications
- Terms and conditions, website reviews and customer facing contractual arrangements
Partner, Jamie Nettleton is recognised by Best Lawyers, Chambers Global Guide, Chambers Asia Pacific and Who's Who Legal