Direct Selling Australia hosted a Legal and Regulatory Webinar on 22 October 2020.
Partner Jamie Nettleton and Special Counsel Cate Sendall were pleased to present on ‘Unfair Contract Term Provisions in Australian Consumer Law‘.
Their presentation addressed the following:
- How to identify unfair contract terms
- Steps to make unfair contract terms fair and enforceable
- New disclosure obligations in the NSW Fair Trading Act, concerning:
- Substantially prejudicial terms
- Financial interests of intermediaries
…………relating to consumer contracts
The webinar was not recorded, however the Addisons slides are now available to download.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
© ADDISONS. No part of this document may in any form or by any means be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted without prior written consent. This document is for general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice.